Friday, June 12, 2015

Interview at Vinyl Monkey

Vinyl Monkey interviewed BRAIDS before their May 23rd show in Austin, TX. Here's an excerpt:

My favorite track is “Miniskirt”. It’s a really raw song; can you tell us more about it?

R: It was a very intense instrument musical jam for like three weeks. It was very intense, to the point that our ears would be ringing over it.  And we would be just like screaming over instruments. And then, I didn’t have lyrics and I didn’t know what I was going to sing over it. When we went to Vermont, it just demanded something that was really forward, confrontational, confident and aggression to a degree, and that’s how it came about. It’s a reflection of my experiences as a woman and observations that I’ve had of being a female musician and observations I have had being a part of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment